Professional Coaching for Civil Service Interviews (1 Hour Session)
Suitable for G6 / G7 Grade / Level 4 or Equivalent
Interview Coaching is available by Video Link (Microsoft Teams / Skype) and Telephone
What is included:
Before Your Session
Before your Interview Coaching session, you will be asked to provide details of the interview process for your application(s). This will include the Job Advert / Selection Criteria as well as any instructions / details you have been provided regarding the interview process and interview format. It may also be helpful to send us copies of any Behaviour / Competency or Personal Statements you submitted as part of the application. Your Interview Coach will provide full guidance on these requirements in line with your own specific circumstances to ensure we are able to prepare effectively for your Interview Coaching session.
Stage 1) Assessment
At the beginning of your session your Interview Coach will discuss with you which areas of your interview technique you feel require the most work and what aspects of the interview you are feeling most anxious or stressed about. This will include discussing any unsuccessful interviews you have attended before to help analyse what went wrong and where you can improve. Your Coach will then ask you some relevant test interview questions of the type you will be likely to face in your Civil Service interview. This could include Behaviour / Competency based questions as well as Strength based questions. This will enable your Interview Coach to assess your current skill level effectively and highlight which areas require the most attention for you.
We will cover all Behaviours / Competencies which will form part of your interview. We can also help you to identify suitable strengths and demonstrate how these link to the role you are targeting.
Stage 2) Feedback & Insight
Next, your Interview Coach will provide detailed feedback on your answers to the test interview questions as well as general insights on how to improve your Civil Service interview performance. This will inlcude details on:
- How well you listened to and understood the interview questions
- If you included all the required / relevant information in your answers
- If you provided sufficient evidence to demonstrate relevant criteria for Civil Service Behaviours / Competencies or other essential criteria
- How well you delivered your answers
- If you interacted appropriately with the interviewer
- If you said or did anything likely to give a bad impression or put off interviewers
- We can also provide feedback on your video set-up and video interview technique if required
Stage 3) Coaching
Once you and your Interview Coach have identified the key issues and areas you need help with, they will then work with you to improve your interview technique. This can include:
- Helping you to improve answers to Competency / Behaviour questions
- Helping you to extend Competency / Behaviour STAR examples to ensure you provide enough detail
- Helping you to anticipate potential follow-up questions on Behaviour / Competency Examples
- Helping you develop or improve answers to Strength Based Interview Questions
- Practical advice to improve your confidence at interview and banish interview nerves!
- Advice for preparing for and performing your best in Video Interviews
Stage 4) Practice Questions
Once the feedback and coaching is complete, you will have the chance to run through some of your answers again with your Interview Coach. This will allow you to benchmark your progress and practice the new techniques you have learned. Many of our clients find this one of the most helpful aspects of our interview coaching.