CV Master Careers Terms & Conditions of Service
We reserve the right to change these terms, conditions and our prices at any time and without prior notice.
(Please note that the terms and conditions set out below only apply to the services advertised directly on the website http://www.cvmaster.co.uk Please see third party websites for terms and conditions pertaining to services provided by CV Master Careers as part of a Strategic Partnership or referral scheme).
“website/Website” – http://www.cvmaster.co.uk
“We/Us” – CV Master Careers as a trading entity, or any of its employees
“Management/The Management” – A member of the CV Master Careers Senior Management Team
“Customer/Client/You/Your” – An individual who consents to place an order for any of the services listed on the website
“Appointment” – Consultation or meeting during which we provide advice guidance or record information required to carry out your order
“CV/Services” – Writing, editing and formatting of a CV, Cover Letter, Application Form, Personal Statement, Interview Questions or any other documentation commissioned by the client.
“Working Days” are Monday to Friday (excluding UK public holidays)
All documents are produced in United Kingdom English.
By using our services you agree to indemnify and hold CV Master Careers free from any losses, liabilities and expenses (including legal fees) resulting from use of products and services and advice offered via the website, any printed material originally produced by CV Master Careers or any verbal advice or instruction provided by an employee of CV Master Careers.
Indemnity extends to any breach of the terms and conditions, or uploading/downloading/reproduction of contents/data from this site or any third party site or any other online service.
CV Master Careers Liability
CV Master Careers shall not be held liable for the failure of the Client in obtaining any position, occupation, promotion or achieving any other career objective. CV Master Careers shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss. CV Master Careers shall not be liable for any warranty or representation not expressly provided in this agreement.
All fees must be paid in full in advance. CV Master Careers retains the right not to start work on your assignment until payment in full for the services required has been received. We also reserve the right not to release any draft documents until we have received notification of cleared payment.
Use of Barclays EPDQ Credit / Debit Card Payment System
Use of online payment via our Barclays EPDQ system (whether ordering via our website or by telephone) to pay for your goods and services is done strictly at your own risk. CV Master Careers accept no responsibility for any misuse of your credit/debit card, bank account or other means of payment arising as a result of using this service.
Payments Not Honoured
If, for any reason, your online payment/cheque/credit or debit card payment is not honoured by your bank/card issuer then the following conditions will apply to your order:
An invoice will be dispatched to you requesting payment for the full amount; you must send payment (as detailed on the invoice) in full within 7 days from the date on the invoice. If payment is not received within 7 days from the date on the invoice an additional charge of £30 will be added to your account to cover administrative costs.
In such cases we reserve the right to send details of your debt to our Accountants/Debt Collection Agents to pursue the debt through the English Courts of Law.
Draft copies of documents will normally be completed within 5 Working Days* of your consultation date but this is not guaranteed. You will be notified if the preparation of your documents is likely to take significantly longer than this. (This does not apply to documents ordered with any of our Express Turnaround options).
100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
We do not guarantee that you will receive an offer of employment, be shortlisted or secure an interview when using our services. We do, however, offer a 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee which applies to any of our services which involve production of a CV or Job Application. The 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee, states that CV Master Careers will continue working on your documents (in accordance with our aftercare policy) until you are satisfied with the outcome. The 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee applies only when all of the following conditions are satisfied;
- You must allow your Consultant reasonable time to make alterations to your CV, the minimum turnaround time for updates and alterations is 1 Working Day.
- You must allow sufficient time to check any draft(s) of your document(s) before your own deadline for submission. In order to enable your Consultant to make any changes required you must submit any alteration requests a minimum of 48 hours in advance of the deadline for an employment application for which you are intending to use the CV / Application.
- When requested to do so by your Consultant, you must provide us with sufficient information to enable us to complete any alterations to your satisfaction. This particularly relates to information regarding specialist terms and techniques which may only be applicable in your industry sector.
- You must agree not to alter the draft document(s) yourself until you have allowed your Consultant to complete any revisions you have requested in accordance with the points above.
- You must agree to adhere to any professional advice delivered to you during the Consultation or production process regarding the layout, content and use of your CV or Application; if you insist that any alterations are made to your CV / Application which go directly against the advice of your Consultant then the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is invalidated immediately.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE TERMS RENDERS THE 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE INVALID
N.B. The 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee only applies to versions of your CV / Job Application commissioned as part of your initial order. A charge will be made for the preparation of extra versions of your CV. A charge will also be applied if you decide that you would like your CV targeted for another type of role or a different employment sector after your CV has already been completed to your original specifications.
In the event of a complaint please refer to our complaints procedure.
Use of Non-Microsoft Devices to view Draft CV & Cover Letter Documents
Please not that Microsoft Word is not fully supported on non-Microsoft devices (such as Apple iPad / iPhone and some other devices). This means that some formatting featured (such as bullet points) cannot be displayed when viewing a Microsoft Word file. Editing Microsoft Word files on your iPad or other non-compatible device can also render them unusable. This is a Microsoft compatibility issue over which we have no control. We would therefore recommend viewing your Draft CV using a PC / Laptop with a full version of Microsoft Word (2003 or later) installed.
Professional, Graduate, Executive CV & Job Application Services: Within 28 days of the delivery of your draft documents we will make amendments as required at no extra charge until you are completely happy with your CV / Application. Once you have approved the draft of your CV / Application, or after this period has elapsed we reserve the right to charge an additional fee for any alterations.
CV Re-Vamp Services: Within 2 working days* of the delivery of your draft documents we will make amendments as required at no extra charge until you are completely happy with your CV. Once you have approved the draft of your CV, or after this period has elapsed we reserve the right to charge an additional fee for any alterations.
Other Services: Please see the relevant page(s) of our website for details of aftercare services available with other products and services.
Consultations form part of the service for which we charge, we may choose not to undertake your consultation until full payment has been received. Please also see Fees.
Upon receipt of your draft document you are required to confirm receipt by email, telephone calls are accepted if you have no internet access. You must notify us of any changes required, giving reasonable time for us to complete your changes. Please refer to Aftercare Policy for details of timeframes allowed for the request of amendments to your draft documents. During the specified timeframe for each service we will revise your draft document to your satisfaction until you have accepted the final draft. Should you wish to change any details after acceptance of the final draft, additional charges may apply.
If no communication is received from you regarding amendments to your draft documents after 28 days (Professional CV / Job Application Services) or 2 working days for the CV Re-Vamp Service then CV Master Careers will use the information we hold about you to prepare your final documents. The document will be dispatched and the order deemed closed.
Please see the relevant page(s) of our website for details of the finished product you will receive.
Electronic Copies of Documents
Whilst every attempt is made to check electronic documentation for malware, viruses and bugs before copying to any media or transmitting by email, it is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is adequately protected from viruses and malware. We cannot take responsibility for any computer compatibility issues you may experience with your individual PC / device
Distance Selling Regulations
CV Master Careers services are included in “the supply of goods that are made to the consumer’s specifications or are clearly personalised;” (Section 28 (b) The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013). As such, you will not have the right to cancel your order / contract under the terms of The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
We offer a cancellation policy that balances the cost of our administration costs, Consultant’s time and / or cancellation of Consultant’s diary as well as research work undertaken:
For services involving a face-to-face or telephone consultation:
If you cancel your order:
- Up to 1 working days prior to your Consultation appointment; 15% will be deducted from the refund (Any refund will also be subject to an additional 5% deduction if the payment was made by credit / debit card). Re-booking of Face-to-Face Consultations will also be subject to a fee of £34.99.
- Less than 1 working day prior to your Consultation appointment; 25% will be deducted from the refund (Any refund will also be subject to an additional 5% deduction if the payment was made by credit / debit card). Re-booking of Face-to-Face Consultations will also be subject to a fee of £34.99.
- After your Consultation appointment has taken place; 45% will be deducted from the refund (Any refund will also be subject to an additional 5% deduction if the payment was made by credit / debit card).
If work has already started on your order:
- Refunds will be solely at the discretion of the management. Any refund offered will also be subject to an additional 5% deduction if the payment was made by credit / debit card.
- If you decide to cancel your order following the closure or withdrawal by the employer/recruiter of a vacancy for which you had intended to apply, then refunds will be calculated based on work which has already been completed on your order. Any refund offered will also be subject to an additional 5% deduction if the payment was made by credit / debit card.
Refunds of payment made by credit / debit card will be subject to deduction of a 5% processing fee in all cases.
Refunds due will be credited back to your credit / debit card or bank account within 21 Working Days of authorisation by CV Master Careers.
Refunds can only be offered using the same method of payment (e.g. credit / debit card payments can only be refunded to the credit / debit card which was used to complete the payment).
Fees paid for any of our Express Delivery options are non-refundable.
REFUNDS ARE OFFERED SOLELY AT THE DISCRETION OF CV MASTER CAREERS MANAGEMENT.
Should you find it necessary to make a complaint about any aspect of our Services, please submit your complaint in writing in the first instance to: email@example.com including full details.
We will respond to your complaint within 5 working days.
We reserve the right to delegate our rights and obligations to third parties in order to provide Services to our Clients.
Our Obligations To You
CV Master Careers agrees to provide services to you with reasonable skill and care.
Your Obligations When Using Our Services
In consideration of the provision of the Services the Client agrees:
- To make the Payments prior to receiving any Services from CV Master Careers
- To co-operate with CV Master Careers Consultants by providing information requested
- To follow the reasonable instructions of CV Master Careers
- To utilise any material information provided in a proper manner and except with the written permission of CV Master Careers not to disclose, copy, divulge, reproduce, publish or in any way disseminate any Material Information to any third party or into the public domain for the purpose of pecuniary gain or otherwise
- To keep any passwords supplied confidential
- To attend appointments on time
Changing An Appointment
You are required to provide at least 1 full Working Day of notice to change an appointment. Less than 1 full Working Day of notice to change an appointment will be deemed to be a cancellation of the original appointment and no refund will be given (and a new appointment will have to be made incurring a new fee).
Arriving Late For Appointments
Clients are required to arrive on time for their appointments. Clients who arrive late for their appointments will only be entitled to the remainder of their appointment time.
Non-Attendance Of Appointments
In the case of non-attendance by the client the Management reserves the right to refuse a refund of fees already paid. If no fee has been paid the Management reserves the right to charge the full fee payable for the service.
Your Obligations When Submitting Information To Us
You warrant that the information submitted to us does not contain false or defamatory material, or that which infringes the copyright, trademark rights and intellectual rights of third parties or submit any information likely to damage CV Master Careers.
CV Master Careers cannot be held liable for any criminal proceedings which arise as a result of false or misleading information being included in your CV or any other documents prepared by CV Master Careers.
You warrant that the information submitted to us with reagards to job application deadlines is correct.
Any notice to be served on either of the parties by the other shall be sent by electronic mail to the electronic mail address of the relevant party shown in the client records and shall be deemed to have been received by the addressee within 72 hours of e-mailing.
Non assignment by the Client
Neither this agreement nor any rights under it may be assigned or transferred by the Client.
CV Master Careers is a trading name of CVMC Global Ltd. Registered Office: Sophia House, 28 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9LJ, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales No. 06266805